MERCEDES-BENZ: The Fifties, Volume 1
© 2021 Bernd S. Koehling
All Rights Reserved
Excerpts from the book:
Although he had forbidden his ministers and cabinet members to buy Mercedes-Benz cars due to cost reasons, Hosni Mubarak, president of Egypt was known to have enjoyed his stately Mercedes 600 immensely.>>>This 220-page book is the only e-book that deals exclusively with the 600. And these are some of the topics covered:
<<<Nallinger had given them a dream project because there were no restrictions at all. The mission really was to design the best possible car that engineers and technicians could come up with, money being no object. But a dream project has two faces, one is that as an engineer you can put everything you have learned to good use. And the other one is that the whole automotive world is watching. Because Mercedes-Benz made no secret out of the fact that they did not have plans to develop a new Mercedes 300 Adenauer, they had plans to come up with a new "Grosser Mercedes", a successor to the Mercedes 770 of the 1930s>>>
- the complete development and history of the 600 with all changes and updates
- chassis number and data card are explained in great detail
- many of its famous and sometimes not so famous owners are covered
- the unique 600 for a wealthy British gentleman is discussed
- over 130 mostly recent non-Daimler AG color photos highlight many interesting features, this includes pictures of the suspension
- the book discusses the price development up to November 2016 and it
- lets you experience, how it was to be a chauffeur in a Mercedes 600 Pullman for the German government.
A separate chapter covers the technical features and production history. Enjoy!
If you want to read more about the Mercedes 600, then please go here for the printed book and here for the e-book. The printed book covers next to the Mercedes 600 also the pagoda SL plus the six- and eight-cylinder versions of the W108, W109. The e-book deals with the Mercedes 600, Pullman, Landaulet and coach-built versions. If you do not live in the US, please select it from your respective country website of Amazon.
The following videos are copied from youtube for your viewing pleasure. Some of them contain cars filmed by commercial vendors. I am not associated with them
Mercedes 600, Pullman, Landaulet W100 (1964-81)
Great books and e-books about Mercedes cars of the 1960s